Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes Serves 4
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, each about 6 ounces, with skin, and about 1 1/2 inches thick
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and arrange rack in the center of the oven; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, tarragon, chives, sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel (everything but the salmon); season generously with salt and pepper.
Place salmon, skin side down, on the baking sheet; spoon 1/4 cup of the mustard sauce over the fillets and spread it out to try to cover completely. Season salmon with additional salt and pepper; roast until salmon is just opaque in the center, about 15 minutes.
Serve with remaining mustard sauce.